[DISCUSS] Windows 8 and Silver Monkey

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I posted something about an hour or so ago in the "Issues" requesting information and assistance about the (5:203) create file {...} command, and the post has been deleted. I only posted because there was an open invitation (now also gone) to bring any questions or suggestions to the "Issues" area, or ideas, whatever.

This will be my last post: just wanted to add, before I give up, that part of the problem I have had with (5:203) create file {...} may be related to a general crankiness of Windows 8, it may be undermining Silver Monkey because W8 is touchy about permissions.

EDIT: Editing to report that I was able to resolve this problem. I am now able to get Silver Monkey to write plain text files using the (5:203) line. I am having some new problems with functionality of the bot itself, but this problem I had with (5:203) is resolved.
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I'm not ignoring this...

Atm I have a Bug I'm trying to resolve in the window messaging system of the bot... Some how I'm looing a data structure in the application transport mechanism
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I took a closer look at IO Abstract Library. It's hard coded into the Monkey Speak Engine to work from the Programs Folder.

I can Disable that library and Clone it to the Bots custom Engine where I can make the default look for the My Documents Folder by default so only a filename needs to be supplied or the full file path... Let me take some time to consider relative file paths as well
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Update

I Disabled the Engine default Library and converted the core to VB.Net... The Line indexes remain the same. They just default to using "My Documents/Silver Monkey"

This will be effective in the Next Release