Feb 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Post your Ideas here and I'll See what I can do about adding them in

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2012 at 3:27 AM

and  Triggering furre is in the Dream

Set Variable % to the number the triggering furre just said

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Hi Gerolkae! Thanks for your efforts with all of this :)

It would be useful to have:

-- hard-coded effects to send bots to the 'allowed' maps, that can be triggered when a bot logs on, like "Go to Acropolis" and "Go to Allegria".
-- bot enabled to do CTRL-T dream upload,
-- hard-coded trigger to recognize when bot has completed dream upload, and
-- hard-coded MS line effect to "FDL to my dream".
-- trigger to recognize when server responds with a failed FDL attempt.

This way if a bot loses connection and auto reconnects, then on the log in, it can easily (not much learning curve ;) be scripted to go directly to a bot-okay main map, then try to enter its dream by FDL, and if it gets a fail message on that, upload (assuming one would have the correct dream cued for the bot), and on getting the upload done message, attempt an FDL again into the dream.

It might also be sort of keen to make some 'member list' type triggers/conditions/effects for the "keep it simple" crowd, like:

(x:x) and the whispering furre is on my dream Member List,
(x:x) and the triggering furre is on my dream Member List,
(x:x) add the triggering furre to my Dream Member list if they aren't already on it.
(x:x) add the furre named {...} to my Dream Member list if they aren't already on it.
(x:x) remove the furre named {...} from my Dream Member list if they are on it.

...and ideally have that "Member List" be an automatic pre-existing, standard named file in the MS folder, like a simple MemberList.txt that they can examine and edit easily in a text editor, with the member names each on their own line.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Got a list for the Bot Ok Maps?

Memberlist would need a
(5:x) Use file {...} as the dream member list.
cause multiple bots can be ran
Dec 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Hi :)

Thanks for the reply.

The "(5:x) Use file {} as the dream member list" should work, but in that case it would be helpful (as it would be currently for the "file" effects) to have an orientation in the help pop about using the text files. where they are generated, etc.

It would be helpful to have step-by-step simple details about each MonkeySpeak line from the non-programmer perspective, because even with a good grasp of DragonSpeak, MonkeySpeak introduces the file create/read/write concepts and uses SQL, both being something the average joe might not know. I would love to assist with this and/or help with the templates you posted about (forums.furcadia.com) and/or do tutorials, but alas, I feel I do need a far better grasp of how the bot program works before I could attempt that.

I do love how MonkeySpeak acts like an elegant expansion of DragonSpeak, that so much of it is intuitive for users :)

About where bots are okay, it's in the TOS, part 12:

"12. Bots and proxies are not supported by staff in Furcadia. Players are responsible for keeping their bots within the rules and off main map areas (other than Acropolis and Allegria Island). Bots loaded on Acropolis or Allegria Island may not emote/emit messages more than once a minute. All messages must be appropriate for these T+ areas and may not exceed the length of six (6) lines. Additionally, bots loaded on these maps must give all spoken and emitted responses to commands via whisper. (This includes deliveries made by delivery bots.) Bots on public maps may not whisper players who have not requested information (no unsolicited advertisement by whisper). If a bot or proxy interferes with the game service, its use is not permitted. See also the rule about use of third party software."

http://www.furcadia.com/useragreement/

Thanks again for writing back :)

~Sidereal

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Oh I forgot that TOS part... Just those 2 maps then... No Worries

Step By step for each line? I admit I do need help Documenting what SM can do... Most of the MS lines should be self Explanatory... But I know the help file needs some SQL info... We can Dicuss stuff like that in Game
Dec 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
An idea that I had was having Silver Monkey be compatible with Furcadia's new features, namely the chat channel features, the broadcast features, etc.

It could send out broadcasts automatically at intervals. It could answer questions live based on keywords or something. It could monitor the chat channel or something.. who knows! It'd be interesting.
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Sidereal wrote:
Hi Gerolkae! Thanks for your efforts with all of this :)

It would be useful to have:

-- hard-coded effects to send bots to the 'allowed' maps, that can be triggered when a bot logs on, like "Go to Acropolis" and "Go to Allegria".
-- bot enabled to do CTRL-T dream upload,
-- hard-coded trigger to recognize when bot has completed dream upload, and
-- hard-coded MS line effect to "FDL to my dream".
-- trigger to recognize when server responds with a failed FDL attempt.
How do you see these being hard coded? Config Option or something Similar?
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Hi! Thank you for writing :)

They would all be great as MonkeySpeak lines, like:

(0:xyz) When the bot has finished uploading a dream,

(0:xyz) If the bot gets an error from the server about uploading a dream, * new idea?

(0:xyz) If the bot gets an error from the server about an `fdl teleport attempt,

(5:xyz) Go to Acropolis.

(5:xyz) Go to Allegria.

(5:xyz) CTRL-T (dream upload) the current cued map.

(5:xyz) `fdl to my dream (already uploaded).

(5:xyz) `fdl to my dream, subtitled {...} (already uploaded).

...but it would also perhaps be a good thing

if the bot config options offered something like:

Immediately after logging onto Furcadia:

() Go to Allegria Island

() Go to Acropolis

...because that way the bot lands on a bot-okay place, and the owner can then move them wherever from there.

Thanks for listening :)

Furrily,

~Sidereal

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Sidereal wrote:
Hi! Thank you for writing :) They would all be great as MonkeySpeak lines, like: (0:xyz) When the bot has finished uploading a dream, (0:xyz) If the bot gets an error from the server about uploading a dream, * new idea? (0:xyz) If the bot gets an error from the server about an fdl teleport attempt, (5:xyz) Go to Acropolis. (5:xyz) Go to Allegria. (5:xyz) CTRL-T (dream upload) the current cued map. (5:xyz)fdl to my dream (already uploaded). (5:xyz) `fdl to my dream, subtitled {...} (already uploaded). ...but it would also perhaps be a good thing if the bot config options offered something like: Immediately after logging onto Furcadia: () Go to Allegria Island () Go to Acropolis ...because that way the bot lands on a bot-okay place, and the owner can then move them wherever from there. Thanks for listening :) Furrily, ~Sidereal
Ah I see where your Going with this now... I'll have to do some more research on the CTRL+T command Before I can do that... Prolly Next update..
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Tokota wrote:
An idea that I had was having Silver Monkey be compatible with Furcadia's new features, namely the chat channel features, the broadcast features, etc.

It could send out broadcasts automatically at intervals. It could answer questions live based on keywords or something. It could monitor the chat channel or something.. who knows! It'd be interesting.
I Like this Idea... We'll see what happes when the Group channels come out...
That needs reverse Engineer of the protocol as well as the commands for the group
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Just a note on this: Because the chat channels are only part of paid group packages running in the vicinity of $180/yr on subscription, there will be a limited number of people who will have those chat channels, and if one extrapolates how many of those would specifically 'need/want' to have a bot running their chat or broadcasting into it, the idea here - though interesting - becomes something of appeal and usability for only a few selected people; IE, perhaps they might also instead have some funds lying about to commission the developers here to create a customized bot for their wonderful package-enhanced dream =D

However, for channel 'joiners' or monitors something like these below could certainly be useful:

"When the bot receives any message from the {...} named chat channel,"

"When the bot receives a message containing {...} from the {...} named chat channel," (etc.)

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Interesting. Still its worth discussing Ideas at this time and watch how things develop with Furcadia..
I still have other stuff to work on for the Bot which next release will include support for Dream Member List usable for the most basic of bot users...
see the preRelease Archive for more info https://drive.google.com/#folders/0Bz8QDQELKBZddTk0d25uN1REN0E
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:20 PM
(x:x) and the whispering furre is on my dream Member List,
(x:x) and the triggering furre is on my dream Member List,
(x:x) add the triggering furre to my Dream Member list if they aren't already on it.
(x:x) add the furre named {...} to my Dream Member list if they aren't already on it.
(x:x) remove the furre named {...} from my Dream Member list if they are on it.
I'm Stumped.. I put these into the Bot and want a Tutorial in the Help file with an Example script.. But I'm not sure what to do for the example
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Edited Jan 11, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Ideas for Future updates. I'm undecided what to work on at this point.. After the last major update I'm chilling to allow folks to get used to the new format.

After discussions with Sidereal this is what I came up with for the next few updates starting with the 2.14 Series
[DreamTransfer]
(0:xyz) When the bot has finished uploading a dream,
(0:xyz) If the bot gets an error from the server about uploading a dream, * new idea?
(0:xyz) If the bot gets an error from the server about an `fdl teleport attempt,

(5:xyz) Go to Acropolis.
(5:xyz) Go to Allegria Island.
(5:xyz) Go Map #
(5:xyz) CTRL-T (dream upload) the current cued map.
(5:xyz) Set current cued map to {...} and CTRL-T (dream upload). (default "My Documents/Silver Monkey/Dreams")
(5:xyz) `fdl to my dream (already uploaded).
(5:xyz) `fdl to my dream, subtitled {...} (already uploaded).

Bot Setup Options for Login
() Go to Allegria Island (Default)
() Go to Acropolis
() Go nowhere

[TheClaaaaw]
This might be a Plugin Example To allow Custom Commission Requests in the future
(Base 95)

(0:x) When the bot picks up or drops an object
(0:x) When the bot picks up or drops the object #,

(1:x) and the bot has object # in their paws,
(1:x) and the bot doesn't have object # in their paws,
(1:x) and the bot is standing on object #,
(1:x) and the bot is not standing on object #,

(5:x) use the object in the bots paws.
(5:x) pick up the object at the bots feet.
(5:x) set %Variable to the number of the object in the bots paws.
(5:x) set the variable %Variable to the number of the object at the bots feet.

[PhoenixSpeak]
Process Multipage results
(5:x) use variable %Variable as an array and store PSinfo Key names to it.

[smPounce]
default file "My Documents\Silver Monkey\OnlineList.txt"
(0:x) When a furre logs on,
(0:x) When a furre logs off,

(1;x) and the furre named {...} is online,
(1:x) and the furre named {...} is offline,

(5:x) add the triggering furre to the smPounce List.
(5:x) add the furre named {...} to the smPounce list.
(5:x) remove the triggering furre from the smPounce list.
(5:x) remove the furre named {...} from the smPounce list.
(5:x) use the file named {...} as the smPounce list.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Pounce is in this release... Phoenix Speak interface was greatly expanded