Explain Verbot

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM
What is it? How do I use it?
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Edited Aug 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Verbot is a Chat bot engine that takes words or phrases and responds with a phrase. To use it First use the verbot Knowedgebase Editor included with the Silver Monkey package and make some rules with inputs and outputs then in the bot script
(0:0) When the bot starts,
    (5:1500) use knowledgbase file {Knowedgebase.vkb} (*.vkb) and start the chat engine.

(0:18) When someone says or emotes something,
    (5:1501) send text {%MESSAGE} to chat engine and put the response in variable %chat
    (5:0) say {%chat}.
This will respond to normal Emotes and Speech text. If there's no responce to %MESSAGE then the "(5:0) say {%chat}." will not execute.

The Verbot Engine interface is still under development. It uses its own set of variables which are held in a State object... I need to add in MonkleySpeak to set Custome variables inthe State object and to retrieve them... In the Verbot Chat Engine you can <mspagesetvariable(.?)> and <msexecute(.?)> in The Knowedgebase Output Text to set MS Variables or to exxecute a block ofMonkey Speak with "(0:1500) When the chat engine executes command {...},"

State Vars in verbot are used like [varname] in out put text or they can be used as a condition like (string)vars["channel"] == ""

When I sort the engine out more I'll do a Document on all this stuff

I found this Tutorial which I based my Knowedgese Edtior on